Is the forum broken?

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Grumps, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Grumps

Grumps New Member

I think the current forum structure (heavy subforums) may be organize but is definitely broken. I noticed that participation on subforums are way lesser and most already dead? Why do you guys do this?
  2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Some sub forums are more active than others, and not all threads are in a sub forum.
  3. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    No, it's not broken. The structure is constantly evolving, transparent to the users, as sections are phased out, threads are moved and redirected, and new sections are brought in.
  4. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Basically our new users never make it far enough in the fourms and only post on the main ones

and our old users rarely post because of our new users
  5. Grumps

Grumps New Member

What I'm really saying is, I don't think the complex structure is really working out. Complexity leads to lower posting and eventually drive away the community. iPod Touch Fans totally use to be my favorite.
  6. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Complexity has nothing to do with lower posting. There are periods of higher and lower activity based on developments in the jailbreak community and broader iOS community.
  7. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Basically when i new idevice or software comes out expect a flood of people posting in random fourms with lower numbers in subfourms