Is the firmware from www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ legal ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tapur007, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Tapur007

Tapur007 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hi Guys,

I have had issues downloading & updating my ipod touch 4g firmware from iTunes.
    However i am able to download the firmware from : www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

Is that the same firmware as downloaded by iTunes ? (Since, the site mentions " By clicking Download, you will be redirected to an Apple Inc. server. " ).

Thanks !
  2. n0va

n0va Banned

It depends who you ask, but as long as you are downloading a firmware that is free anyway, you are doing nothing illegal.
  3. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    As long as you download Firmware which has been released for free.
    If you (e.g.) own an iPod Touch 1G / 2G MB an you're downloading 3.x.x without paying for it, it's illegal.
    So it depends on which firmware you want and which device, for the 2G MC / 3G downloading 3.x.x from there would be completely legal for example.
  4. Tapur007

Tapur007 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks for the reply, guys...
  5. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Just to be safe, download from theiphonewiki.com under firmwares instead.
  6. delanovdham

delanovdham New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    there safe because they are actually links to the Apple firmwire server. If iOS 5 comes out, iOS 1tm4 will stay on the apple server
  7. nitsua93

nitsua93 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Most of the downloads on there are actually from Apple's servers meaning there are legal, the ones from [PIRACY.mu] and such MIGHT not be.
  8. Tatanka

Tatanka New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    • Immature or obscene comments
    Wait,who is ilegal,this site(felixbruns.de) or Apple asking money for their update(is not our fault all their bugs) which is stop signing after few months>already ios included in idevice price???WAKE UP PEOPLE...WE PAID EVERYTHING TWICE...and now THEY HAVE CRISIS?
    Piracy is when you SHARE WITH NO PROFIT?But when they asked for nodeserving money HOW IS CALL?So all CHRISTIANS ARE PIRATES,MUSLIMS TERRORISTS...I THINK IS TIME TO END ALL THIS B...S...T.
    Toy's (you)R US
  9. username_

username_ Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It wouldn't matter the source, be it apple or [PIRACY.mu]. It would matter if the firmware is paid (Ex. iOS 2.x) and downloading that would be illegal.
  10. Tatanka

Tatanka New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    • Trolling, Flaming, Politics
    The administrators forgot first to discipline their goverment for many flagrant violation of HUMAN RULES....
    What about the ILLEGAL WAR IN IRAQ?WHOOPS,THEY DIDN'T FIND ANY MASS DESTRUCTION WEAPONS?BUT WHO CARE WHEN YOU KILL 2 PRESIDENTS IN A CENTURY AND PROFITS GROW ON ARMAMENT INDUSTRY DESPITE THE FINANCIAL CRISIS?I MISS SOMETHING??A,...911