Is the Battery Suppose To Go Quick

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gorskino10, Mar 19, 2008.

1. gorskino10

gorskino10 New Member

I am on firmware 1.1.1 and recently i have been thinking on how the battery goes real quick.
    1 days ago i had my ipod on for 30 mins on way back home and it fully charged, and yesterday i used it there and back (1hr) with NO WIFI and about 1hr hooked up to speakers and its at 20% and that warning came up like twice so it must of been near 10 and ipod should not of used 80/90% battery in 3hrs, (mainly music, played icopter a fuw times)

Please Register or Log in to view images

So today i downloaded batteryinfo app and my voltage is 3906 mV, is that good or bad???
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

depends what u are running
    if u have summerboard and ssh on at the same time, then yes it goes quick
  3. a33a

a33a New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is SSH off?It may still listen for a connection even if wifi is off. Also is wifi off completely? (turned off in the settings app)
  4. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Mine lasts about....

- 20 hours for JUST music (screen turned off)
    - 4 to 5 hours of video.
    - only 2 to 3 hours if I am using wifi and or 3rd party apps.

Where did you get the battery app? I would like to try it.
  5. gorskino10

gorskino10 New Member

I don't have SSH as i used iphone browser im not sure if i have this its not on my ipod that i know i cant see the icon for it???. is there a way to turn off summerboard and ssh in an app, as i have BossApps.
    OK this has annoyed me i just looked at my battery status it says 48% so all i did was turn it off and on within a few seconds and then the 20% battery info popped up i looked in batteryinfo and it says 17% WTF in like 1 second (NO WIFI) and leaving it on as of now the batterys gone up to 41% but even if that is still correct now losing 7% is big just by turning it off?
  6. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Download 'services' or 'netservices'

Booting your ipod takes LOTS of power.
  7. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you plug it in and wait for it to say full, it is sort of like a false-positive. You can, in theory, charge you batter to read 100% in a good 25 minutes. However, it won't last nearly the 5 hours or whatever it usually drains in.

Plug that sh*t in overnight, then let us know.
  8. gorskino10

gorskino10 New Member

you get the battery app in installer called "batteryinfo".

I installed netservices at it sayed EDGE was ON which cant be as i have an iPoT??. so i've clicked that off, aslo the ipod was in the pc charging for around 4 hours so it should be near 100% dont you think?.
    I will plug it in tommorow and leave it on for lots of hours and see if anything has happened.
    would the battery go down due to how many apps you have on the iPoT and like if i go into an app like iPhysics and start a game and exit will it still run this app??
  9. a33a

a33a New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Make sure SSH is set to off
    Make sure WiFi is set to off
    and disable summerboard (if you have it)
    and then see how long it lasts.
    I don't think the battery would go down if you have lots of apps, it really depends on whether you use them.