is the amount of staroge in the serial #

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aasimbeck, Nov 29, 2007.

1. aasimbeck

aasimbeck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    so i got my ipod back today and they did not fix it the claim they have not found anything wrong with it, so i tested it and it was still not working, so i called them back and they asked what the piece of paper in the box said, btw all the paper was was instructions on how to reset a ipod touch, idk why. the lady got confused and said there is def a problem, so she set me up for repair after looking into the repair sheet (That she reported had nothing what so ever on it) and then forwarded me to a product expert, he then asked all the basics, serial, name, address, number, etc etc. he then asked me how much my ipod hold , shouldnt the amount of storage the ipod hols show up in the serial, damn i have 8 GB shoulda said 16GB
  2. lewisking

lewisking New Member

well if they want it sent back then say what u have because it says in big writing on the back

Please Register or Log in to view images

and no I don't think it is In the serial number. Btw ur sig says u have 16GB but u clearly said "damn I have 8" contradicting?
  3. AutoItKing

AutoItKing New Member

Each serial number is unique to that one iPod. Apple has a database of all the serial numbers and checks it to see if you are telling the truth. So in a way, yes it does.
  4. aasimbeck

aasimbeck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i kno i did have the 16 gig but iwanted the universal dock to play it on the tv with the remote so i took it back to walmart and got a dock that came with a dock, a remote and the av connection cable, and a power adapter, but sadly the av cable isnt compadable with the touch so i have to get a component cable i just never bothered to change the sig
  5. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i dont know about anyone else, but that makes absolutely no sense to me... what does you going and buying a dock have to do with whether your ipod is 16 or 8 GB? why do you even need to know if its in the serial number? if you look on the back of the ipod it clearly says "8 GB" or "16 GB" in nice big letters. why not just look there. or an even better way to remember... if you paid $400, its a 16 GB, if you paid $300, its a 8 GB.