is the 8g enought?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chrisinfinity, Dec 30, 2008.

1. chrisinfinity

chrisinfinity New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I been searching for this and when i go to the itune it says one application is 100mb!
  2. BaseballMVP755

BaseballMVP755 Banned

not all apps are 100mb.. some are though, so i suggest the 16gb

the more space the better, cuz u'll never have to worry about space issues, and 16gb is a lot.. lol i still have like, 7GB's free and i have 8 pgs of apps, 500 songs, and a few movies
  3. Otisbum

Otisbum New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    8GB would be fine, depending on how much music you have. If you've got 500 like MVP, you'll still have plenty of room for any apps and a few movies.

I'd recommend 16 or up though, especially if you like loading a lot of movies and music. I wouldn't expect you to pass 3GB of apps in the near future anyway, so your extra ~3.5GB should be plenty for music considering that'll net you space for at least 750 songs.

It all comes down to how much you're into adding music and other stuff. Can you give us an idea of how many songs you have and if you add videos?

In my case, my music alone almost hits 16GB, and even though I could narrow down what I add, I like having all my music with me if at all possible, which is why I went for the 32GB model.

If you've got around 1000 or less songs and don't really mess around with videos, the 8GB should be fine.

EDIT: Unless you're a Godspeed You! Black Emperor fan and have 30 minute songs.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It depends on whether or not you use your iPod to STORE the songs - I don't. I have all of my mp3's backed up on my hard drive and on DVD-Rs. I like to put things on that I will actually listen to soon, and then when I am done, I pull them off and add more. I rarely have the desire to carry around every song I like on my iPod at once, however you may be different. If you are using the iPod for storage, then yes I suggest a bigger device, but if you are using it for a player, then it should be fine.
  5. byrdboy

byrdboy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have 8g, i filled up about 3 pages of apps and some songs i still have about 3.5g left
  6. iSaint

iSaint New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    apps really aren't your enemy when it comes to space.
    movies really take up most of the space
    most movies (like hour and a half) are nearly one GB worth of memory.

just to give you an idea

I have about 1000 songs
    3 movies from DVDs
    2 movies from parts on youtube (these take up less space for some reason)
    9 episodes (30 minutes each)
    and about 3 and a half pages of apps 16 apps a page.

all that takes up roughly 11 GB

in my opinion, I understand that money is an issue sometimes, but if youre going to spend 230 for something, might as well get more memory for 70 bucks more.

id rather have more than I need that not enough
  7. craynerd

craynerd New Member

My 8gb is enough as I only put on my ipod what I want to listen out of my music collection. I would have liked a 16gb though, just couldn`t afford it. If you have the extra cash, go for the 16gb if not the 8gb is fine!
  8. NobleRooster

NobleRooster New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I wanted a 16GB for Christmas but got the 8GB, but beggars can't be choosers.

But, I was worried the 8GB would not be enough room for me, but I have the following and still about half a gig left:

~1300 songs
    -3 pages of apps
    -5 or 6 videos from youtube and collegehumor
    -about 17 high res photos (but theyh've been optimized for the touch by iTunes, not sure what optimizing consists of)

So yea, there is a lot of room in 8GB, more than you might think. Just a bit of trivia, 1GB = 1000MB, so you can do the math of how much room stuff will take up.

9. fly_easy

fly_easy Member

I say if you got the extra money go with a 16gb. Then you won't have to worry about not enough space...unless you're me and want to put all movies and tv shows on it. lol
  10. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yea, 8G for me is enough, though I admit that I have to choose what I put on. I have about 300 songs, 20 youtube videos, 20 photos, 4 pages of apps, and I still have 2G left.