Is The 1.1.3 Jailbreak really worth it.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by disco_pimp88, Jan 31, 2008.

1. disco_pimp88

disco_pimp88 New Member

Well i know you get the new maps, lyrics, web apps and the wiggle feature. But is it really worth it. i heard all of these problems and i don't know if i should go through with it. Please Discuss
  2. -LB-

-LB- New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    If you like staying up-to-date like I do, then yes.

The dock sucks though...
  3. yoholmes

yoholmes New Member

I say no. I mean, I upgraded to 1.1.3 and it had the apps and wiggle but after like 5 minutes I was alredy bored and re-jailbroke 1.1.2. I liked having themes way better
  4. disco_pimp88

disco_pimp88 New Member

yeah i don't really need the wiggle feature (kinda like customize better) or lyrics. But i think the web apps are cool. And maps update is pretty cool. the pin thingy and find urself using wi-fi and the traffic thingy.
  5. yoholmes

yoholmes New Member

True, but with installer you can do the same with the bookmarks, like add them to your homescreen but only for some they provide, get maps just without the new features.
  6. mrcartman91

mrcartman91 New Member

I am back on 1.1.2, my 1.1.3 just froze one time, so i rebooted and it wouldn't turn on, so I am back on a more stable, more functional, 1.1.2.

oh and go here http://www.jonsthoughtsoneverything.com/iphone_apper/ to get "web clips" on your 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 iPod touch
  7. Campa

Campa New Member

I've found 1.1.3 to be very unreliable.. 1st time I did it an application crashed it into restore mode and the 2nd time I only got to install 4 apps before the installer wouldn't install (or uninstall) anything so I had to go through it all again.

In saying that the wiggle and the apps in 1.1.3 are pretty good but I think i'll wait for the SDK and a proper jailbreak before doing it again.
  8. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    these threads are pointless

Please Register or Log in to view images

You should wait. No reason to go to 1.1.3 vs 1.1.2 jb.

You should go ahead and do it. Its fun! You can always go back to where you were if things don't work out to your liking.

Pick one of those, and run with it.

Or just do what I tell you: Stay on 1.1.2 - but you'll miss out on the WIGGLES! The wiggles rule!
  9. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You filled your root partition. The only thing you should be installing is BossTools - then relocate Applications. No problems after that.
  10. disco_pimp88

disco_pimp88 New Member

hahaha..imma just be quiet and crawl back in my self with my 1.1.2 jb ipod touch