Is that a iPhone?... No its just an iPod Touch (sigh)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Swiss3g, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Swiss3g

Swiss3g Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    People ask me that all the time ever since I got my iPod Touch. Its so freaking annoying to have to explain the difference between it and the iPhone everytime. Sometimes it seems easier to say that it actually is so that I can get on with my life. Anyone else ever done this to save themselves that 10 minute comparison speech?

Its a sh** thread ..I know.
  2. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I just say nope, it's an 'iPod touch', like the iPhone, but without the phone.
  3. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I remember back in 07 when I got the iPod touch, people in my shcool would always ask me if it was an iPhone. I got tired of explaining and saying no it isnt an iPhone so I taped my motorola razr to it and told them it was an iPhone.
  4. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
  5. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i actually did, I was one of the first people in my school to have a iPod Touch, people would always ask me if im rich because I have an iPhone... I explained it to the first three people that asked, the rest got to hear: "yes it is an iPhone"
  6. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Someone at school mistook my iPod for an iPhone last year, I explained that it wasn't and the difference. He kept calling it an iPhone, I just assumed that he wanted to call it that. This year (after he had been playing angry birds on it in class for almost SIX MONTHS) he tried to take a picture with it but was unable to find the camera app. I turned it over and showed him the other side and said iPod touches don't have a camera yet.
    "What I thought it was an iPhone, you've been lying to me this whole time."

So I explained to him again the difference.
  7. Lagunatic

Lagunatic Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Yeh i was the first kid in my school to have an ipt. no one could seem to comprehend that it was not an iphone.
  8. Swiss3g

Swiss3g Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Lol. Classic

Please Register or Log in to view images

Same thing here although after even telling them its not an iPhone some of my friends still call it an iPhone and I don't correct them because am afraid I might look condescending.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. pyromatic

pyromatic New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    No ones ever assumed my ipod was an iphone cause really most people at my school have an ipod touch or a friend that has one.
  10. Swiss3g

Swiss3g Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    None of my friends have it. I dont even know anyone else who has it. Some people suggest its one of those China iPhone knock offs and thats why it cant make a phone call.