Is Steve Jobs mean?

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by Badd_Blood, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Badd_Blood

Badd_Blood Well-Known Member

In my computer class at school I am watching a movie called "Pirates of Silicon Valley" and I have a few questions about it.

1. The movie portrays Steve Jobs as a mean, immature, and just flat out rude man; is this really true about him?

2. Does anyone know if this storyline in the movie is really true or did they just try to make it interesting?

3. Does Steve Jobs really not have parents (aka. adopted)?

4. Does Jobs have a child?

5. Are Jobs and Gates friends or enemies?

Feel free to answer any of these questions if you know even one of them. Provide a link to an article if you know where I can read more information. Thanks,

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Matt_Maggots

Matt_Maggots Banned

I know that Jobs has a child, forgot about the rest.
  3. Dx5512

Dx5512 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thats a great movie, Steve does have a child.
  4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    1. From reading Steve Woz's book, it does sound like, at least in his youth, Jobs was actually pretty rude. For example, he forbid a company from helping Woz design a universal remote, simply because the same company had designed hardware for Apple. So yes, at least in his younger years, I think he was somewhate rude (although that may or may not be the best description).

2. I've never seen the movie (it's on my to-watch list!), but from what I've heard it is fairly accurate. I'm sure somethings were added for dramatic effect, but for the most part I'm sure it's non-fiction.

3. Yes, he was adopted. His bio parents are: Abdulfattah Jandali and Joanne Simpson. He also has a biological sister, a novelist, named Mona Simpson, who was born after Jobs' parents married.

4. He has four biological kids.

5. Frenemies. I'm sure that they don't hate each other... Why would they? After all, Gates isn't CEO of Microsoft anymore. I'm sure that at one point they had animosity towards each other, but...

Anyways, hope this helped!
  5. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Damn, good call JKK I was going to post that they are frenemies when you said it.
  6. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I would imagine that most people that run multi-million/billion dollar companies are somewhat mean, except Bill Gates considering how much money he donates.
  7. i.think.different

i.think.different Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    They are focused
  8. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Why do you say that?
  9. Badd_Blood

Badd_Blood Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great answer _JKK_, I read his wikipedia page but it doesn't say much.

I love your avatar iBricked.
  10. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well near enough everybody has to rip others off and screw others over to get to the top.