Is Redsn0w the only one?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by Kid Dynomite, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was just wondering if redsn0w is going to be the only jailbreak tool for 3.0 or other jailbreaking programs will be released? I want to jailbreak with Redsn0w but i read about the problems and i was hoping they are going to release another one.
  2. zackplanet42

zackplanet42 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    don't worry about the problems looking at these boards give you a lopsided idea of how buggy this program is. For every complaint on here there are a ton of jailbreaks that went perfectly fine.
  3. FruitRocks

FruitRocks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes, it depends on how "good" you think it is! dude just wait for quickpwn 3.0. i followed the instructions exactly and after a few hours of using it (mainly re-installing apps from JUST the app store), it froze at the apple logo. reformating here i come

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    See this is what im afraid of these kind of bugs redsn0w .2 messed me up and my cydia sources didn't work. So i really don't like it. How do you know that Quickpwn 3.0 is for real?
  5. ipodtouchpwnd69

ipodtouchpwnd69 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    redsn0w .7 is exactly the same as quickpwn but in beta and with a different name. It won't make a difference if they put it into quickpwn because it will still have the same patch files and bundles so it won't help/hurt your jailbreak and more or less.
  6. fastflame750

fastflame750 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think if you go to <redacted>, at the top of the page it will say "stay tuned for quickpwn 3.0." So I'm guessing there is gonna be a version for quickpwn that will be able to jailbreak iPod touch 2g/1g with official 3.0 firmware.
  7. shiben589

shiben589 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes! but <redacted> isnt supported by the dev team, and using their software is far more likely to screw up your ipod!!!!

redsn0w is the official quickpwn right now, it just has a different name, it works flawlessly, the end.