is my touch fubared?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fomoco, Aug 19, 2009.

1. fomoco

fomoco New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i'm in need of some serious help here, earlier listening to my touch at work one track skipped a little, and then my touch displayed the apple logo, and shut off, i have tried to restart it, but all i get it the apple logo, and then it shuts off after a few seconds... i have tried forced restart, connecting to computer... anyone help please
  2. FrankSinatra

FrankSinatra New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What's fubared?

Anyways, try holding down the home and sleep button for 10 seconds. See if it gets past the logo. If not, you might have to restore.
  3. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    fubared? try DFU and restore?
  4. fomoco

fomoco New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i tried that, the screen just goes off

nevermind, i found on how to do the DFU recovery on youtube... problem should be fixed
  5. FrankSinatra

FrankSinatra New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    DFU MODE:

1.)Turn on your iPod.
    2.)Hold the power and home buttons down (the iPod will power off after 10 seconds, but keep holding those buttons down).
    3.)After the iPod powers off, release the power button (but keep holding the home button down).
    4.)After a couple more seconds, you should hear that magical “ding dong” that means the iPod is coming back alive, and that Windows has detected it. You may even see a little “New hardware” popup in Windows. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPod is in DFU mode.
    5.)Now iTunes will see it as a DFU’ed iPod and should ask you to automatically restore its firmware.
  6. fomoco

fomoco New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i ended up doing the holding the home button down,a nd plugging it into the computer
  7. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Fubar....means......F*cked Up Beyond All Recognition, or F*cked Up Beyond All Reason, he's basically asking if it's past repair, which it isn't, but yeah, it may require a restore through DFU mode if anything.

The screen is completely black when you go into it, no iTunes logo or anything of the like.

1.Turn on your iPod (in my case it would only get as far as displaying the Apple logo

2.Hold the power and home buttons down (the iPod will power off after 10 seconds, but keep holding those buttons down)

3.After the iPod powers off, release the power button (but keep holding the home button down)

4.After a couple more seconds, you should hear that magical “ding dong” that means the iPod is coming back alive, and that Windows has detected it. You may even see a little “New hardware” popup in Windows. It is now safe to release the home button, and your iPod is in DFU mode.

Copied from another site, so you have a better idea of how to achieve it. Hope it helps.

Edit: I was beat to it lol.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. iptman

iptman Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's recovery, not DFU

Did it work?
  9. fomoco

fomoco New Member

Device:
    iPod touch