Is my screen broken?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by reo7, May 12, 2009.

1. reo7

reo7 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This morning i took my ipod touch off of my nightstand and started listening to music. a few minutes into a song my screen went black and no sound. i figured it died, when i plugged it in the screen lit up to full batteries. so i unplugged it and a few seconds later it did it again. so i left it and went to school. now the screen won't even light up when i plug it in but it still makes the sound and itunes recognizes it... is the screen broken? there was absolutely nothing around it like magnets or whatever that could have screwed it up. its just not working. its done this many times before but only for a few seconds. whats wrong with it? its not hacked and never has been, and i've never dropped it or done anything to it which may have caused this. should i leave it for a little while or send it in? i'd be mad to send it in cuz this is already my second...
  2. JayTraceur

JayTraceur New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Errm try doing a restore via iTunes if that doesnt work then just send it back to Apple for a fix. Sorry but its generally the only way.
  3. reo7

reo7 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    eh ok. i was thinking i'd have to.. :/
    thank you, the screen with the apple symbol came up and stuff. if u hadn't told me to restore it i probably would have sent it in and gone another week or so without it! thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

now hopefully it wont do it again or i will send it in....
  4. JayTraceur

JayTraceur New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no problem mate. Restoring fixed almost every problem.