Is my ipod eligible for replacement?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shanshor, May 6, 2008.

1. shanshor

shanshor New Member

Device:
    iPad
    most 'symptoms' of my ipod i think are mainly software related. Safari constantly locks up, double tapping home does nothing, completely unresponsive (force restart), gash in screen (not big), no 'chapters' in movies, youtube only partially loads video after using it longer than ten minutes, a while ago it reset itself, *most recent* inaccurate touch sensing, big webpages make ipod REALLY slow, even in typing, some songs dont play all the way through but are fine on pc, and it goes on and on. those were the biggest ones. i have had a lot of other software issues that would arise and then solve themselves. but in the place of those, new ones would start occuring...

HELP! WHAT TO DO (i have applecare)
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    If the problem is not solved by restoring, I would sure as hell take advantage of that extended warranty.
  3. shanshor

shanshor New Member

Device:
    iPad
    tried, apple says nothing is wrong
  4. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Restore your Touch to 1.1.4.

Apple only replaces Touches with hardware stuff not software usually.
  5. tornbacchus

tornbacchus New Member

did u actually restore where itunes has to reinstall it. i thought i did before and it wasnt working. i finally figured out that i had to turn it off regularly, hold down the home button while plugging it in and waiting for the cable pic to show up. when i first called apple, they only told me to hold down power and home until it turns off and on completly. and btw, before sending in in, do that neways so apple cant tell that its jailbreaked.
  6. shanshor

shanshor New Member

Device:
    iPad
    hah a good advice, actually apple didnt say anything to me when i sent it in. i dont even think they checked for it. i didnt even restore it before i sent it in. well i am going to call them again today and hope i get someone that actually speaks english
  7. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    If it is a hardware problem, and/or cannot be fixed by restoring then yes, it can be replaced. Why don't you just go to the Apple store and get it replaced on the spot?
  8. shanshor

shanshor New Member

Device:
    iPad
    closest one is about 3 hrs away
  9. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you should have gotten Best Buy's 3 year plan. If I drop my ipod so that it can't be fixed, I can be reimbursed for the purchase price or I can get it replaced. I have considered "accidently" dropping my ipod so that I can get the money back on buy an iphone.