is my ipod dead??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by danfosho, Jan 22, 2010.

1. danfosho

danfosho New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hi i was just wondering if anyone could be of assistance or know where to point me. i recently replaced the cracked digitizer on my ipod touch the repair went flawlessly but now my ipod will not turn on at all or charge. my home button was not working so was using sbsettings with close app instead of my home button does work so i cant put it into dfu mode. i have tried blackrain but nothing happens and it is not being recognized by my PC or itunes. so my question is have i taken my ipod to a place of no return or have i missed something or what thanks for any help Danfosho
  2. prasaianooz

prasaianooz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i have got the same problem ... i restored firmware 3.0...tried to jailbreak via red snow and that's last time when I saw my ipod in light...now its turned off and doesn't get on??I cant take it to DFU mode,nor itunes responds to it??? SO PLEASE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    and whooooo,, finally i fixed it..FOR DANFOSHO,, you just need to put your ipod in DFU mode remaining itunes open. For more assistance,, download DFU helper..http://www.[PIRACY.mu].com/?d=JRLG4V0P. do it as it says having your itunes open. You follow the process and your itunes will pop out a message to restore your ipod. click okay and press Shift+Restore and select the firmware...and restore it. THIS HELPED FOR ME...I THNK HELPS YOU TOO.
  3. danfosho

danfosho New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    no luck

this might have helped but my home button is broken is there any software that automatically puts your ipod in dfu mode
  4. danfosho

danfosho New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    bump

bump!!