Is my iPod broken? HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by aaronrivera, Feb 5, 2009.

1. aaronrivera

aaronrivera New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well I just jailbroke it earlier today and had it working for a couple of hours until about 30 minutes ago. I downloaded this application on Cydia that lets you make folders for your apps so you can organize them. After I made my first folder for games my iPod froze and after 2 minutes it shut off. I figured it would be fine I just have to do the step where I type in the codes in command to get it to turn back on. After looking through some threads because I didn't want type in the codes I found a "4 second boot loader" or whatever and pressed Boot. I'm sure it wasn't the program it may have been something else, but now I tried to put the iPod in DFU mode and it wont do. I unplugged it and replugged it and my computer wont even recognize that its connected. It wont show the little pop-up balloon on the bottom right (Windows) next to the clock. Is it broken and am I screwed? If someone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. If you need more info to help me I'll do my best to answer it.
  2. malice9005

malice9005 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
  3. mkikeke369

mkikeke369 New Member

mine acts the same way and that forum doesn't help me at all it's just a black screen i am just thinking that i actually might have bricked mine.
  4. albin

albin New Member

Step 1

Please Register or Log in to view images

lug in your iPod to your computer
    Step 2: Hold down home button for 5 seconds
    Step 3: Don't let go of home button, and press power button for 10 seconds
    Step 4: Release power button and just hold home for 30 seconds.
    You´re in DFU now!
  5. aaronrivera

aaronrivera New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I said DFU wouldn't work, but it's fine now. I restarted my computer and it picked it up. I guess the USB port messed up somehow. Thanks for the help.
  6. supahsain

supahsain New Member

This forum is full of f***ing idots... All of them ask the same f***ing question.....
  7. bobby doom

bobby doom New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    coming from a guy with 1 post hahahaa

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. SpasticPat

SpasticPat Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    And you joined just now so you could insult someone who had a simple question? If you think their question is dumb that's fine, but don't criticize them, they had a legitimate question. And hey, thanks for registering just to insult someone!
  9. unome1233

unome1233 New Member

Im glad yours worked...IM in love with my jailbroken ipod touch
  10. litobro

litobro Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    When you say it will not enter DFU mode, that is mostly because in DFU mode the screen will and should remain black. You would never know if the timings were right unless you successfully used the redsn0w or 0wnboot patch.