is my battery life draining too fast???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Scrimgour, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Scrimgour

Scrimgour Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    okey so i've just bought my ipod(3g 32gb) about 5 days ago, and noticed that for the las 2 days it drains battery way too fast...
    at 6:00 am i unplugged it from my charger and started playing for like 20 mins then i went to school and accidentally leaved the screen on with high brightness and i noticed it 1 hr after. the battery was like 3/5 and then in a class i played monkey ball for like 20 mins and heard music and then arrived home and listened to music/played and at 3:00 pm i had 20% battery..

i had all gens and first gen's battery was poor, second's batt was a lot better, but 3rd (which is supposed to be even better) is like 1st gen.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I did toggled wi-fi, push, etc. off, low brightness, autolock (which i hate).
    Did the full charge and full uncharge part and it seems to be like the same

AM I EXAGERATING???

P.S: i'm in my first week since purchase so the store where i bought it can change it fast...
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Probably not normal, it sounds as if your battery is faulty. Does it show up that your battery is fully charged? Also, try running the battery down completely, then charging it fully, to calibrate the meter.
  3. ipodnanoinian

ipodnanoinian Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Playing games drain it horribly. If you want to save battery set brightness halfway and set it to autobrighten. Mine can run a good 18 hours wifi music and gaming at different periods of the day. I don't play too long though on games cause I don't find them that enjoyable!
  4. Scrimgour

Scrimgour Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yes it was fully charged and 20 min after it was like 70%
  5. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ^yeah, thats not normal under any circumstances.
  6. cainy

cainy New Member

*accidentally leaved the screen on with high brightness* 100% brightness will knock your battery out within about 2 hrs, if I crank mine upto 100% and stream video over wifi I only get about 1hr 30 mins from a full charge, get about 5/6 hrs if its left on normal though, exactly the same battery times as my 1G when it was new
  7. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    whoa are you serious...I always have full 100% brightness and I have way more (really way more) battery life then that on my iPod touch 3G and it's jailbroken too
  8. cainy

cainy New Member

yea, only get about an hr and 30 mins out of it, well until I get the 20% warning anyway, only know because I was watching a few programs on BBC's iplayer, that added upto 1 hr 30 mins, always thought that was about right, never had anymore outta my 1G Jailbroken or not....if I drop the brightness down I get near enough what apple say, 5-6 hrs
  9. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    whoa! my battery life is pretty bad for games, but not for media and safari. But still, it's never that bad. I could easily listen to music for an 2 hours, browse the web on safari for like 1-2 hours, and watch videos/play 3d games for 1-2 hours and after all that i would get the 20% warning.
  10. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    am I the only one here who can have their iPod full brightness,jb, and I can surf the web for 9 hours until I get low battery?