Is my 3G frakked? H.E.L.P.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kallen, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    OK, so I just got another iPhone 3G. This is 16gb. It came with 3.1.2 installed, so I updated it to 3.1.3. When I try to restore it from a backup of my 1g iPod Touch it get nothing but hell...
    As my apps are being installed, it constantly pops up "The ipod "iPhone" cannot be sysnce. A required file cannot be found". And by constantly, I mean about 20 or more times during the sync. After the synce, I am missing like 10 apps. And the apps that do install don't have data in them (saved data like my check book info or saved game data etc). It has also popped up another error a couple times that says (-48)....
    I Googled the error 48 and it says to go under my computer>iPod>Properties>Tools but the iPhone is not listed under My Computer. I've already done a restore to original settings in itunes and wiped it, and tried again to do the backup. I JB with Jailbreakme.com as well.... Now when I connect it to itunes, even tho I have already synced, iTunes says "Set Up Your Phone" and gives me a list of restores from my iPod. What do I do? Or is this iPhone f***ed up??

Windows XP
    iPhone 3G FW 3.1.3
    iTunes 8.2
  2. magic4ball44

magic4ball44 Banned

• multiple accounts/troll
    See if you can fit your p*nis in the head-phone jack, if you can't then it's faulty.
  3. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    WTF? You have some serious problems.
  4. magic4ball44

magic4ball44 Banned

What?? I just need a ban, geez... some people... theres no harm in trying...
  5. Jimboo

Jimboo Member

Device:
    iPad
    Magic4ball, your an idiot.

Ot: I'll pm you
  6. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I guess I should add that the apps I am having issues with are all free or Lite apps from appstore like Stanza and iShoot Lite and several others...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Sorry for double post...
    Here's another question...when I got this, it had 3.1.2 installed, so I d/l the 3.1.3 FW from the Matrix page that was on ITF. I notice that there are 2 listed, one is listed at "Bootloader 5.08" and the other says "Bootloader 5.09+". I installed the 5.09+...I have no idea what the diff is or even (to be honest) what this means. So, if I should have the 5.08, installed instead 5.09+, would this cause problems??
  7. KISSArmyMax

KISSArmyMax Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thats like trying to restore an iPhone 4 from a backup of an iPod touch 3G..... why the hell were you trying that? You can only restore from a back-up of an iPhone 3G
  8. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You are incorrect. I have done it on my previous iPhone 3G (8gb) without any problems whatsoever. THis iPhone is behaving totally differently. And the reason is because I have had my iPod Touch for a while and have a TON of apps and data on it. Tons of books (Stanza) and a my checkbook info and all this transfered with no prob last time. Both devices are running 3.x, so no prob there either.
  9. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I downgraded back to FW 3.1.2, thinking that I screwed something up when I upgraded to 3.1.3 (as I mentioned about, there are 2 versions of the 3.1.3 FW depending on the bootloader...). However, i am STILL having the same issue!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Most of the apps I really don't care about as I can simply reinstall from the App Store. But there are a couple apps that I really want to restore in full (like my checkbook and Stanza as they both have a *TON* of stuff in them). Saved games I don't care too much about either... besides those types of apps, my other main concern is that something is wrong with my new iPhone...

Would I get anywhere by updating iTunes? I have 8.x right now. I guess it couldn't hurt.
  10. amateuripods

amateuripods New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    hes rite b/c ipod and iphone use different firmwares(or watever, IPOD AND IPHONE ARE DIFFERENT). restore again using iphone 3g backup.