iOS 3.1 Is jailbreaking safe...?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Nintendork, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I always thought there was nothing harmful about it until I read this post from Yahoo! Answers:

I read the whole thing, and it sounds like it's extremely dangerous. It's weird though because I ahd mine jailbroken for over a month, and experienced no problems at all.
    But I'm now un-jailbroken due to me updating to 3.1.3 anyway... I never knew it did that much harm...

What do you people think of this?
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

It's bull. It's not as dangerous as they make it out to be. It all depends who is saying it and what 'side' they're on, in a way. Apple is completely against jailbreaking, so obviously they will say stuff like that. And people who are.. maybe.. Apple followers may be afraid because of what they read about jailbreaking from Apple's point of view, so they try to force those thoughts into other peoples' heads as well. Well, you said it yourself, you haven't had any problems with the jailbreak. I'm not saying that jailbreaking doesn't cause absolutely any problems, but no problems that a restore can't fix.
  3. Nintendork

Nintendork New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmmm... I'll wait for more opinions to make a conclusion to weather I should jailbreak mine again.
  4. Chukz15

Chukz15 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yahoo answers of course...... Jail-breaking removing security features? yeah sure.
  5. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    75% go wrong cus ppl don't know properly how to do it!! Not cuz of dodgy software blackra1n is brill and I will never unjailbreak until maybe 3.2 or 4.0. But frm then on [cupcakes] for everyone !!
  6. jayjay960

jayjay960 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What a load of complete and utter bullplop.
  7. razor_blade29

razor_blade29 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lmfao @ the 75% of jailbreaks failing part.... more like 5% and those 5% of ppl are the ones with no common sense that cant follow the simple instruction of "click" a button.... its hilarious weneva i c a thread saying:
    "blackra1n is not working"....

and WTF are they talking about? YOU CAN NOT brick an ipod by jailbreaking it.... 5-10% is baloney.... if its even possible then we are talking below 0.5%..... i neva seen someone say there ipod is "bricked" coz of a jailbreak

and ofcoarse jailbreak can or does remove a few security features but there exageration is just plain ridiculous
  8. frankzappa619

frankzappa619 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    aha, thats wrong. if you jailbreak an ipod touch and it messes up, you can just restore it to factory setting. you cant brick an ipod. only iphones.
  9. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    This is a lot of crap. Whoever posted that post on yahoo answers is a total dumbass. Sure there are some security features gone, but hey, you can change you're root password and make it WAYYYY more secure than on an unjailbroken device.

Remember the RickRoll virus thing? yeah, change ur root password, and that' won't happen.

Remember the dude that sent an SMS asking for 7 bucks? Change your root password, and that won't happen.

See?????????
  10. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    I'll go by paragraph number.
    1. Tethered at the moment. Wait a while.
    2. If done wrong. Files can't 'vanish'. It just doesn't happen.
    3. Bullsh*t.
    4. ?
    5. Again, bullsh*t. My first jailbreak went perfectly. Making up statistics doen't prove anything.
    6. People want more.
    7. WTF?
    8. If it's redundant, why is there a 400,000 member strong community right here dedicated to it?
    9. Uneducated. I won't go into details, but if you're careful, and at least change your password, you'll be fine.
    10. Best option is to do what you want with your iPod and don't spread sh*t on the internet.

That felt good!