is itunes the only way to add

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by tedeja, Feb 16, 2008.

1. tedeja

tedeja New Member

is itunes the only way you can add music, i am looking around and i haven't found this answer yet. thanks for any help. also is there any way that i can get music from my old ipod onto the touch
  2. lilplaya2567

lilplaya2567 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    no its not u can use real player or windows media player to add music as well
  3. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    No you can't.... Currently the only way is via iTunes (or WiSync if you have a mac and want to sync over the internet).

And to go from an old iPod to the touch, first you're going to need to transfer it to your computer. You can do this by making sure that "View Hidden Files" is turned on, and accesing the iPod in disk mode. Then there should be a music file which you should drag to your desktop or somewhere.

When you import that folder into iTunes, you'll have all that iPod's music.
  4. lilplaya2567

lilplaya2567 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    actually i have did this with a friends ipod and added videos and such and it worked perfectly on realplayer and all his music was still there from itunes and his videos appeared on the ipod when i opened itunes so u can sync without itunes

edit-i might have read ? wrong but if he was asking if u could add music from another player other than itunes then the answer is yes but if he wants to get music off his old ipod he can do this as well, the only thing u have to do is go to search on your computer, then select the pictures,music,videos link to your left, then check music (*note your music files want be named they will just be in 4 letters like for example RGTP but once u add them to itunes the original file name will appear music) then below u should see a link named "use advanced search options" click that then u look for your ipod on below and click it and all your songs should pop up and like he said save it to a folder and u are good
  5. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    For previous generations of iPods, this might have worked, but not with the iPod Touch.
  6. PHX-MANIAC

PHX-MANIAC New Member

windows media for ipod touch

Yes you can all you need is this plugin for windows media player www.mgtek.com/dopisp/ i freakin hate i tunes all its good for is downgrading for jailbreaking

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. cy1208

cy1208 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    MediaMonkey may be help !

http://www.mediamonkey.com/download.htm
  8. doubledown

doubledown New Member

I really like MediaMonkey alot but it doesn't with my ITouch
  9. mass2chaos

mass2chaos New Member

Mozilla Songbird works with iPods.
  10. janyws

janyws New Member

I don't think SongBird is what you need for your iPod Touch. MediaMonkey doesn't support iPod Touch either. However with these applications you can save the songs from your old iPod to your computer and then you can sync with your Touch.