Is iTouch Actually bricked?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FamousLastMCRmy, Jan 28, 2008.

1. FamousLastMCRmy

FamousLastMCRmy New Member

It seems as if somehow something has gone seriously wrong and restoring doesn't seem to fix the problem either. My Springboard continuously restarts now even if I am on a non-jailbroken freshly recovered firmware. Clicking on any application at all will force this as well. Trying to restore again using iTunes but it didn't fix it the first time, I doubt it will be fixed this time. Help? ideas?
  2. crimsonangel

crimsonangel New Member

Try restoring it agian. Just because it didn't work this time doesn't mean it wont agian. Plus, it wont hurt. First off what did you do to put it in this state?
  3. FamousLastMCRmy

I tried again and still no go. I'll try a 3rd time with restoring but setting it up in iTunes as a new iPod instead of my old backups and see if that makes any difference. I doubt it, but it doesn't hurt to try. Lastly, I'll try just flashing legit 1.1.3 if I have to. If that doesn't work I don't know what to do. All I did was simply followed the jailbreak to 1.1.3 guide via installer that is stickied in that guide. Never had any problems before, dont know why this is happening now...
  4. FamousLastMCRmy

Guess the third time was the charm. Now, I have another quick question for you guys. I have read that it is impossible to update to jailbreak to 1.1.2 if iTunes 7.6 is installed. Does this mean I am stuck on 1.1.1 now?
  5. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    google iTunes 7.5 and download it.
  6. FamousLastMCRmy

Is the process that simple on a Mac as iTunes is integrated into the OS there...
  7. slybeans

slybeans New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It worked on 7.6 for me
  8. biggymac609

biggymac609 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Just to tell you man, your problem was that you were creating backups, when you restore cuz of problems you always have to create as a new ipod