Is it worth updating from 1.1.4 to 2.0.2? PROS and CONS?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by ZtevenX, Aug 26, 2008.

1. ZtevenX

ZtevenX New Member

I have 1.1.4 right now and i want 2.0.2 cause of appstore and the extra features, but is it worth doing or should i stay at 1.1.4?

wat are the pro and cons of updating? should i do it?

any tip when backing up?
  2. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Pros:

-App Store
    -WinterBoard
    -Up to date
    -Cydia

Cons:

-Not too many jailbroken apps

Backing up? You just restore lol.
  3. ZtevenX

ZtevenX New Member

noo be4 i restore i have to backup some data, is there any important ones i should backup? how do i backup SMS?
  4. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

You can't while going from 1.1.4 to 2.0.x, the data is different between those two firmwares.
  5. davebarrie

davebarrie New Member

um. nit-pic alert, but if ur writing a list of advantages to using up-to-date firmware, don't include 'up to date' as one of the advantages. + why would 2.02 cydia be an advantage over 1.14 cydia? + isnt summerboard/customize just as good as winterboard (if =true then that is also not a pro)......... i'm sorry that i hate you. the heart is a mystery
  6. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

He's asking about pros and cons of 2.0.2 vs 1.1.4.

1.1.4 is not up to date, 2.0.2 is. Hence a pro

Cydia on 2.0 is supported by saurik, and is being evermore improved. It is also very stable, whereas neither installer was totally stable on 1.1.x

Winterboard is SO much more powerful than SummerBoard. Change fonts, font size, anything in CoreServices, any Framework files, stausbar font/size, App Store icons, icon size, html wallpapers, video wallpaers, and even more. I'm just too lazy to type out all the features.
  7. Gigpop

Gigpop New Member

I was also considering updating to 2.0.2, but I am not sure. Sounds like there is not really an advantage over 1.0.4 and that I should wait for a few more apps before updating.
  8. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

There is this thing called the App Store. It's got quite a lot of apps

^.^
  9. rayden

rayden Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If you have 1.1.4 iPod Touch and you think you could resist to "little bit" bugs, I suggest you to upgrade.

If you like theming more than listening to the music and you are addicted to adding as many applications as you like to make your life easier, than I suggest you to stay at 1.1.4.

I upgraded my iTouch into 2.0.2 and JB it with QuickPwn while I hold my iPhone to stay at 1.1.4.
  10. Frozen72

Frozen72 New Member

I would stick with 1.1.4 until 2.1 is released. The ONLY reason I use 2.0.x is because of the games/facemelter.