Is it worth jailbreaking to 1.1.2?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by edisonho1990, Nov 25, 2007.

?

What version firmware do you have?

1. 1.1.2. Jailbroken

26 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. 1.1.1. Jailbroken

14 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. 1.1.2. NOT jailbroken

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. 1.1.1. NOT jailbroken

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. edisonho1990

edisonho1990 New Member

Well after 1.1.2. was released i was wondering is it actually worth jailbreaking it to that? i mean you'll loose all your files which is quite annoying.

so i was thinkin did you guys jailbreak it to 1.1.2.? and is there anything that makes it worth jailbreakingi it to 1.1.2.?
  2. scoplunk

scoplunk New Member

I was wondering the same thing, but finally decided to go for it after reading all of the fabulous posts here, watching ipodtouchmaster's videos and following the advice of those people who tried it early on. The obvious new feature is the battery icon in itunes, but there seems to also be a general increase in snappiness - although it's always hard to know how much of that perception is real, since there's no way to make a quick A/B comparison. Anyway, it isn't anything earth shattering and you won't be missing out on much if you stay with 1.1.1.

Having said that, the entire process went extremely smoothly and was well worth the trouble. I figured that development of 3rd party apps would probably concentrate on 1.1.2 and I just wanted to be ready. Since I was already happy with my jailbroken 1.1.1, I worried about all the hassle of upgrading, but it turned out to be very easy. Make sure you back up your application folder on your touch to your computer, follow the instructions in the thread " Default GUIDE: 1.1.1 to Jailbroken 1.1.2" to go to 1.1.2. After that, add "repo.us.to" to your installer sources and download the iphone 1.1.2 applications. I used the installer to install summerboard and bsd subsystem, but I dragged the rest of my 1.1.1 3rd party apps back to the application folder in the touch. Everything worked fine for me and I think most, if not all of my settings were still intact. Of course, I suppose some of this might be dependent on which apps you were using with 1.1.1, but I didn't have any problems.

Good luck...
  3. edisonho1990

edisonho1990 New Member

thanks man, ur advise really helped me out i might actually jailbreak it

Please Register or Log in to view images

but first thing is i must actually save all my files, which is kinda a hastle xD
  4. szeltman6311

szeltman6311 New Member

I have 1.1.2 and I am planning on Jailbreaking it. My computer takes really long to do the download (it's just slow) and then downgrade. One day when I find the time I'll downgrade and do the whole process...