is it worth it ???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by milanov007, Sep 10, 2010.

1. milanov007

milanov007 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok my real thoughts on this device...

First of all I sold my faithful ipod touch 2G 8G today and 3 hours later I was in the Apple store to pick up my new ipod touch 4G. I was not impressed!!! I hate the style... personally I loved the 2G and 3G much better. The edges around the device had shiny curved metal the new touch has glass, it felt sharp and uncomfortable. The weight is super light, feel cheap for some reason, the previous touch felt more solid with more weight on it. The power button on top, ...that's what really topped it all. The power button is hard to push down; it is placed in a tilted spot... I hate it! In other words the design is sh*t!

...but the performance is awesome, the screen is nice and clear, the camera if shooting in HD video is good, but the still camera... shoots crappy pictures!

Is it worth upgrading from 2G or a 3G?... if you ask me it is NOT! Keep what you have a wait!

Now I am looking to buy an ipod touch 3G 16GB or 32GB ... I am not interested in the 4G with the sh*tty design and the over priced tag that goes with it!

I don’t know why they made these new device (ipod touch 4g and iphone 4g) so uncomfortable for your hands???
  2. Nascarhappyfan

Nascarhappyfan Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Dude, you should get used to it, beleive me, it's an awesome device!
  3. 2fast4u5

2fast4u5 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I don't even have this device yet and despite the minor problems... it's an AMAZING machine.
  4. milanov007

milanov007 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes the machine it self is outstanding... performance wise!

well... I don't know what to tell you... when you see it you will feel what I am trying to tell you!

the fact that it is light and thin, that's ok... but try holding it for more than 20 minutes and try playing with the power button on off on off...
  5. chillen

chillen New Member

i agree the power button is oddly placed its not on the top top, more on the curve i always miss it and it doesnt feel as good as old oned but ill get used to it and i know it will be much better
  6. milanov007

milanov007 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    too bad the new touch was not made square looking... like the iphone 4G...
  7. TchnclFl

TchnclFl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I quite liked the design. I think it's looks sleek, perhaps sharp, but in a pleasing way.

The weight is nice, you can really tell that they worked hard on it to bring the weight down so much. The power button is a little awkward, but you get used to it fine after a while.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Personally I think the iP4G looks ugly as hell, but that's just me.
  8. milanov007

milanov007 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    8GB for $250 canadian? think about it people... 8GB, for 1 hour HD recording it will be 1GB space taken... this device should've been 16GB for $249 Canadian, and the 8GB $199 canadian
    why should we be paying $280 canadian (that's with taxes included) for a device that is only 8GB and we will have to get used to the crappy design?
  9. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    To be honest, we were due for a redesign. Two years was long enough, and this new design made it a tad bit better, I won't say for sure untill I see one in person, and both Best Buy and a local mac dealer did not have the new ones on demo.

I prefer they ditch the chrome back. Too many finger prints and scratches.

Did the demo unit have the same problems with the sleep/wake button. I remember when I first got my iPods that button was stuff, but it slowly loosen up as time went by.
  10. milanov007

milanov007 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    would've been better to keep the old style design and put a better camera in the rear of the device for still images. Forget about the weight and weird back
    yes the demo unit has the same problem... hard button... weird location...

one thing about the making designs slimmer... yes it is sexier but not practical and comfortable. When the devices become thinner and thinner, it is like holding a credit card in your hands, that's how I compare the new ipod touch 4G, try holding a credit card with both hands.