Is it worth it yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oldguy, Sep 19, 2010.

1. oldguy

oldguy New Member

I want to buy the iPhone 4. I only just got on board with an iPod last spring and I love it.

This is so much money to commit, that I'm trying to get a sense if this version works or if I should wait a year or so for Apple to get the kinks worked out of some future version #5.

I updated the operating system on my iPod last week (4.1 - I think), and it's been mildly quirky since. It operated flawlessly all summer before the updates. I opened system preferences this morning, and it gave me blank screen. My notes are randomly duplicated too. These are tiny, but before this I figured that Apple/Mac=Perfection.

So, I just want to know, is the iPhone 4 really working, or should I get a cheap cell-phone and wait for them to figure this all out.

BTW: Did they get in a hurry this time, or does it always take half a year to work the bugs out?
  2. evilish2236

evilish2236 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I think you should get it if you like their products. The problem with signal hasnt been noticed by everyone and if you do get one that can be shorted you can put a case on it. Other wise ive heard nothing but good things from it and i have to say its the best phone ive ever tried.
  3. chort27

chort27 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if you need a phone, and want the iphone 4, then get the iphone 4. there is no other advice I can give you. There are no bugs in the phone that are bad enough to make it not worth getting. If this is the phone you want, then go for it. But if you're happy with your ipod touch and other cell phone, then just stick with that.
  4. beeshabo

beeshabo Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That's what I did, I bought an iPod Touch first to toy with (and Jailbreak), and I liked it. Therefore, when it came time to upgrade my phone, I got the 3GS, and I've been in love since Lol. Apple makes GREAT products.....the issue with 'new' operating systems on 'older' iDevices, is that you're never sure exactly how it's gonna run the new firmware, my iPod Touch (1st gen) ran EXTRA slow once I upgraded to 3.0, but was running smooth before updating.....so, you almost have to buy/upgrade to the newest 'hardware' to get the MOST out of the 'software'
  5. oldguy

oldguy New Member

That really explains a lot. Thank you.

I hope I don't to update the iPod too soon (3g now running 4.1).

I was going to give to my kid.

Thanks again.