is it worth it to...:

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by callofduty4, Jan 24, 2008.

1. callofduty4

callofduty4 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    update and buy the 20$ upgrade now or wait till jailbreak comes out and hope we can get all the same capibilites that the new upgrade has??

thanks Alot for your input
  2. ashu471

ashu471 New Member

I my view it is worth buying

I bought it and i'm happy with it. I think it is worth buying application bundle. You won't only get 5 applications but also the ability to arrange icons on main screen. It's cool.
  3. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well right now without the upgrade you can do so much more, upgrading without SDK being released is not really recommended, because you'll only be limited to 5 apps instead of an infinity of apps, apps you can make yourself, well if you know programming.

You can make a "doom" game or something similar, You can make another iPhysics, only make it 3D the possibilities are merely endless.

With jailbreaking not only is it open source you can customize your iPod in really more than 100+ different ways, and your iPod will Never look the same as any other, because its unique in its own way, because of your view and how to customize it.

Buy the Pack, wait till SDK is out, and Add more to it, And Lose $20.00 or.

Donate to the jailbreak guys, and get all the same applications.

Just my .2 cents
  4. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I would definantly wait until the 1.1.3 jailbreak is released. If the information is correct, it should be released when SDK is released..Which isn't that far away...Save yourself 20$ and buy something else...Maybe a nice case or maybe a screen protector...

I and yes...The 1.1.3 jailbreak will contain all the new firmware upgrades such as the ability to move icons on the screen easily and the new google maps...So just wait it out.