Is it worth 2.02 worth the effort

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by squire51, Aug 20, 2008.

1. squire51

squire51 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Ive heard that 2.02 isnt much different..
    is it worth the effort jailbreaking again?
  2. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How does it take any effort at all..?
    Pwnage is so simple, I can't believe how ridiculous people are.

Honestly, anyone who can't click a button and then restore shouldn't even bother jailbreaking.
  3. squire51

squire51 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    no not that ,its synching all my apps,music,videos and setting up all the themes and all that. not the actual jailbreaing bit. im the same as you with that bit.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    next time dont have a vent. either answer the question politely or move on.
  4. jfb392

jfb392 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, thanks for that advice, but it's a matter of opinion anyways, so there's no "answer" to your question.
    I mean, the best you'll get is a bunch of "yeh" replies.
    The decision is really up to you, since it doesn't take any effort.
    Setting up your device takes no time at all when you restore from a backup; it no longer takes hours like it used to, so it's now a viable option.
    Syncing your data will take what, less than half an hour?
    You can even update straight to 2.0.2 from 2.0.1, as long as you can symlink you old directories correctly, since Cydia likes to duplicate all of them if you don't.
  5. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    no need to do a clean restore? explain this sentence more clearly please.
  6. spvn

spvn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah if there's a way to keep my ipod updated with the latest JBed firmwares WITHOUT having to suffer through the irritating hour long syncs of photos, vids, music, etc all over again, im all game.. please clarify?
  7. J Paul

J Paul New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you want the bug fixes, and you should because the iPod Touch Software is the buggiest piece of sh*t I've ever seen, then yes, you want 2.0.2.

Seriously, it's like Apple never even considered what they would be doing with the device when they designed the software. Safari always crashes, halts, is generally slow, the App Store has crashed on me a few times, Maps always displays "no images" for anything other than street view, Mail sometimes crashes when refreshing, Music is the buggiest thing of all, crashing and halting and causing my music to skip at every turn, never having the "awesome, smooth" animations that Apple promised (mine animates to coverflow view at like 1 FPS, so it just sort of skips from portrait, to halfway in-between, to landscape).

My Music problems could just be problems with the fact that all I use is high-quality album art and the fact that I have full lyrics and artwork for each and every one of my songs (1770 songs), but that's still no excuse, seeing how the device was supposed to be designed to handle this type of thing.

It isn't just my iPod either; this happens on every one I use. Of course, I love the little devices so much that I just shrug these things off, but these issues seriously need to be fixed. Don't get me wrong, the device is great. It has many great features that outweigh the negative. I just want Apple to get their sh*t together and put together an ipsw that actually works as intended.
  8. xctrb2s

xctrb2s New Member

dude, is something terribly wrong with your ipod? lol. i don't have such problems.

edit: still on 2.0. =P
  9. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Uh, I've never experience the problems you've mentioned. I've got 1500 songs on there all with artwork. Only think I don't have is lyrics on the songs. Safari is fine, music and coverflow is fine, Appstore is fine. Sounds like something isn't right with your device.
  10. Winterboard

Winterboard Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    i think the bugfixes are worth it. but i havnt tried yet. it can't be worse than 2.01 right?