Is it supposed to...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by infamouscrew02, Sep 26, 2008.

1. infamouscrew02

infamouscrew02 New Member

When going through the QuickPwn process: Whenever you hold the power and home for 10 seconds and it turns off the iPod, what is the iPod supposed to do after that?

Is it supposed to turn back on whenever it goes to the "Hold home for 30 seconds."?

Is there something that is suppose to pop up on the iPod screen during the count down?

Is there something that should pop up within QuickPwn during this step?

Mine keeps on counting all the way down from 30 to 1 and then brings up the error message.
  2. nick.m

nick.m New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You have to time it pretty well, It did mine on it's 3rd attempt and it's been going fine.
  3. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Its just putting it in DFU mode. You have to get the timing PERFECT.
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yea what he said. An easy way to get it is to turn the volume up on your speakers. quickpwn will tell you to hold home for 5 sec, then hold both home and power for i think 10 sec during this step you should here your ipod disconnect and the screen turn black, once you here it disconnect you can let go of power and continue holding home until you here a connect sound then itunes will open saying u need to restore and you will be in DFU
  5. infamouscrew02

infamouscrew02 New Member

i'm sure after like 20 or more tries, I would of got the timing right at least once.

SO, according to the sounds: QuickPwn disconnects it and when it re-connects it has the cable and the iTunes icon. Then when you hold the power and home button it turns the ipod off, when I let go of the power button the computer beeps letting me know that the ipod is disconnected. After that nothing happens.