Is it really important to close apps ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dreossk, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Dreossk

Dreossk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    A while ago, I read that to completely close an app, you must hold the Home button instead of just hitting it, it prevents battery consumption. I was wondering if it is still important to do that with the 2G and after all the updates because it sucks to have to hold the button for 7 sec every time I'm done with an app and I realize that even when I do that, the app still takes the same time to load when I open it so what is the point to minimizing by hitting Home?

Thanks.
  2. -Kerrigan-

-Kerrigan- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    For me it takes longer than 7 seconds. Probably like 10 second or more.
  3. lszanto

lszanto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm not sure if it helps your battery life or anything, but from what I know holding the home button for 5-10 seconds will force quit your application, just as you might force quit on your mac.
  4. Dreossk

Dreossk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    That's what I said, it's not my question.
  5. lszanto

lszanto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sorry, what I'm trying to say is that force quit is for exiting out of a non-responsive application. So in my opinion if you press the home button normally you are exiting out of it in the same way as your application is working as required so will close as required, so it would not help your battery life.
  6. JustCallMeCloud

JustCallMeCloud New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well there is sort of a difference. The app sort of saves your spot while your gone unless you force close it.

I'm not too sure if it saves battery life, but its a pain in the butt. So I'm fine with wasting 10 minutes of battery life instead of wasting 1 minute of time holding on to the home button for multiple applications.