is it possible...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by dalt0n94, Jan 18, 2008.

1. dalt0n94

dalt0n94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i searched, but could not find anything on this...

is it possible do you think to go ssh into your ipot, using winscp or whatever, and go to the main page (where it says apps at the top), push ctrl+a, and drag all folders over to desktop? and then, if you ugrade to 1.1.3, and choose to downgrade, all you would have to do (after you re-jailbreak) is drag them back and replace the new files...right?

ask me to make sense if needed, because reading this over, i didnt understand alot, but idk what to change lol
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yup, you'd just need to copy the root or /Applications directory based on how much you'd want to back up.

BTW, I'd recommend Total Commander instead of SSH because it will be much faster.
  3. dalt0n94

dalt0n94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)

well id like to back EVERYTHING up, and i would use tc, but its confusing to me lol
  4. dalt0n94

dalt0n94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok, so im trying to back it up (still couldnt figure out howto use tc), and so when i try to use winscp, it says network connection timed out, and i cant connect...idk whats wrong beause usually it works
  5. ricthar

ricthar New Member

First you have to have the touch connected and then turn iTunes off.
    Make sure you have the extra application T-Pot.0.2 wherever you set it up with TC. I found that if I didn't have it where I originally set it up that TC couldn't find it.
    Once you start TC you should have 2 boxes that split in the middle. Under all the icons used for different command you will see 2 small boxes marked [-c-] with a down arrow beside them. If you click on the dropdown arrow on the one on the right side you will see a listing for network. When you click on that it should show a listing called Tpot. Clicking on that will give you all your Touch files.
    I did this and backed up all my files from my jb'd Touch to a new folder on my desktop. Once 1.1.3 is jb'd then I will try reinstalling these file.
    Hope this helped.