is it Possible

Discussion in 'iPhysics [old jailbreak version]' started by dude19, Jan 8, 2008.

1. dude19

dude19 Banned

Does anyone know if its possible to make like a car type game that uses the same principles as iphysics, like you have to guid the car thru a 2d level and would it be possible to add items such as a turbo to make the car go fast over lets say a ramp etc..?(kind of like that jello car game cept it has a trojan so i dont wanna go near it)
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

It's already possible. The motorized joints would be able to do that. Just add a button to engage turbo, which would speed up the motor joints the wheels are attached to, and there you go.
  3. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

Coming soon...

Please Register or Log in to view images

An old pic, and my Screenshot.app seems unstable at the moment. Expect more screengrabs soon.

This is from the third mission of Moo'N'Patrol. Currently you have buttons at the bottom to accelerate / decelerate the car, and the landscape scrolls right to left. As it's on the moon, the gravity is down low so you can do backflips off the craters. If you get stuck then there is a button to press to restart the level. And the object is to get to the end of the level. There are three of these levels and each takes perhaps 5 mins to finish. Quite mellow to play (until you end up stuck in a crater of course!).

Mindfield is correct about the use of engines and triggers. Currently you can't do power-ups that you pick up, but if you really wanted it then R4m0n would probably put it in as a new trigger type. After all, we're getting score triggers for pinball soon I believe.

Left to do on Moo'n'Patrol is:-
    - A final underwater level
    - A 'boss' level
    - A couple of static cutscene pictures
    - A static credits screen

To be honest what is taking the time is creating levels that will be challenging to play so you don't immediately finish the game and yet not infuriating.
  4. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Sounds awesome Moo! You know where to find a beta tester if you need one.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

Sure, Rawd, PM me with your email address. I also have to send you that first draft of your pinball game title screen.
  6. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

Rawd + Moo = My favourite iPhysics level pack creators!
  7. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    can't wait.