Is It Possible To...

Discussion in 'Computing, Science, and Technology' started by DMan1993, Dec 21, 2009.

1. DMan1993

DMan1993 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Buy a cellphone without activation and use it without a sim card so it can be used as a MID/PMP without phone functions? I asked a similar question before except I never asked about activation. I used to be interested with the Nokia N810 in the past but i am really interested in what they did with the N900, and yet I don't want to use it for its phone functionality. I just want to use it for its media functions, camera function, and internet browsing.
    I heard it was possible to do this with the iPhone if you bought it from ebay unlocked and jailbroken, or I may be wrong (correct me if so). So help appreciated because I am becoming tired of waiting for an iPod Touch with a camera and mic built in. All I need is a device with a good flash player, good media player, camera, and not a phone.
  2. SkizzyMane

SkizzyMane Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure you'd need a sim card, or some sort of connection plan to be able to use the internet.
  3. xFKSxSquirrel

xFKSxSquirrel Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if you want an ipod with a mic and camera get a damn iphone. also you would need a sim card in order to use the internet unless it uses wifi
  4. DMan1993

DMan1993 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i need a device with flash player, and i only want it to connect to wifi, no 3g or anything, just wifi. Plus iphones don't have flash player so that is why i wanted to know about the n900. so would a nokia n900 work without a sim card or activation, and just function for media, wifi internet, and a camera?