Is it possible to use SHSH blob from another device?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TerraPhantm, Apr 26, 2010.

1. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    A while ago, after they stopped signing 3.1.2, I noticed that apple was still giving 3.1.2 signatures for ipod touch 2g devices, so I downloaded one of those with my 3GS's ECID. Could I send these blobs to my 3GS to have the old iboot on my phone? Even if it can't boot the OS, maybe it'd still be exploitable?
  2. all_against_one

all_against_one New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    No, SHSHs are device specific.
  3. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Too bad. I really hate that I have an exploitable bootrom (359.3) but no way to actually exploit it since this phone came with 3.1.3 (refurbished model from the genius bar)
  4. all_against_one

all_against_one New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    That does suck.. Sorry to hear about it but nfortunately I'm in the same crappy boat.. We just have to wait for Spirit I guess since Geohot said he wasn't gonna put the JB out for a while..
  5. TerraPhantm

TerraPhantm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yea. I know the devs don't really owe us anything, and I am trying to be patient, but I wish they'd just release the exploit since they definitely have more than 1 right now. According to posixninja's blog, there are at least 3... those should last us a while even if they did "waste" one on 3.1.3. Hopefully they'll release a tool with the 3G iPad launching.