Is it possible to theme without Winterboard?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by SilentWalker, Jan 5, 2010.

1. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is it possible to theme my jailbroken iPod touch without Winterboard installed? Winterboard slows down one's iPod a significant amount, so I was wondering if I remove it, how do I go about theming icons, wallpaper, battery and lock-screen sliders without Winterboard?
  2. Calhoun

Calhoun New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    all the icons can be themed, by naming each one icon.png and putting it in the app's folder (i forget where they're located, the non-default ones i mean. /var/mobile/media/applications, maybe)

the.. lockscreen (sliders, battery, etc) can be themed, it's located in the telephonyUI folder (i forget where that is, too) and the springboard images (badge, page indicators, etc) are in coreservices/springboard.app

all the uiimages can't be themed, since they're in the other.artwork and would need to be extracted and then compiled again.. don't think anyone's figured out how to do that for 3.0

pretty sure the wallpaper can't be themed without winterboard.. the dock is in springboard.app iirc
  3. JaydeTech

JaydeTech New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I respectfully have to decline with the above. Massimo over at MMi has released iPhoneShop 3.0. What this java program does is basically extract the .artwork files into separate folders for theming, and then will also re-import.

So, to the OP, yes, it is very possible to do. You need to download iPhoneShop 3.0, and also, you'll need the 4 artwork files in your iPod. Then it's easy to do from there; run the program, change what you want to theme, and then re-import the artwork files.

You should backup your original artwork files, however, in case of a unforseen problem.