Is it possible to sync without iTunes?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by ramapple, Mar 21, 2010.

1. ramapple

ramapple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    For example, by SSH?

Unfortunately, my iPod's dock connector is busted. It (with a lot of effort) will charge via power outlet, but the pins connecting to the computer are busted. No computer will sync/recognize it.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to sync songs via SSH somehow? It'd sure save me a lot of bucks rather than having to buy a iPod.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this.. so mods feel free to move this if you feel theres a more suitable place.

Thanks!
    RA
  2. gerdonhanry

gerdonhanry New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Is it possible to sync without iTunes from Media Monkey (Windows). MediaMonkey is a heavy-duty, fully-featured media player for Windows. It is just like iTunes in Mac, allowing you to manage your music, video, podcast, rip CD, organize album art etc. In their latest version 3 release, they implemented iPhone/iPod Touch support and you can now transfer/sync your music easily.
  3. metalhead777

metalhead777 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    MediaMonkey sucks.

Get SharePod, dude. You can transfer songs from your iPod to your computer, easy interface, sort however you want (Ex: Artist, Album, Track No.), not to mention syncs VERY fast.
    Cons: CoverFlow doesn't get updated. Can't point out duplicates.
  4. prizeant

prizeant New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I believe that mewseek should help you do what you need. You can find it on cydia. The devs recently released a new version (2.1) that *should* work with the current version. You should be able to ssh songs into the downloads folder and it should be able to update the database using your new songs. It's not free, however, but it should be well worth the money in your case. I do not actually own the app, so I might be wrong. Hope this helps!