Is it possible to stream video from iPad to Xbox?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Sportsmaniac1322, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have some great HD movies on my iPad that I'd also like to watch on my TV, and the Xbox seems like my best option. Since the iPad can already do this with an Apple TV, wouldn't a simple Cydia app be able to re-create this for Xbox? Or does something like this already exist?
  2. MrFanForced

MrFanForced Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Its easy,

If you have the latest update on your Xbox 360 plug in your iPad to your Xbox via the Apple USB cable and then goto on your Xbox

My Xbox - Videos - External Device.

Make sure that your iPad is Jailbroken so it has full root access and the Xbox can find the movies.

:) That should work for you as it works for me. Also It may help if you have afc2add installed on your iPad.
  3. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    The 360 allows syncing with past ipod models, but none of the touch screen devices ipod touch/iphone/ipad

Are you sure this works? as i'm pretty sure this would definately not work.

Anyone, corrrect me if I'm wrong

disk mode on the ipad/ipod touch is disabled meaning it cannot function like a traditional USB storage device

"Full root access" is very misleading. Like all iDevices, it still needs an SSH client on the computer in order to store/copy/modify files on the device. As there is no SSH client for the xbox 360, it will not be able to have any root access to files on the ipad.
  4. Matt_Maggots

Matt_Maggots Banned

I have never seen an Xbox work with an iPod/iPhone/iPad no matter how jailbroken it was (according to my experiences and others).