Is it possible to have some sort of order in the ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Criss86, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Criss86

Criss86 New Member

Now... it seems like ive tried everything. Read tons of other threads about this but none have given me a accurate answer.
    So my problem is.. FOLDERS FOLDERS FOLDERS.. when i add 200 mp3's tp my ipod (thats all rock genre) i get 97 diffrent folders (wich sucks) and it takes forever to find the theme i want to listen to.. Is it even possible to have order.. a genre based ipod tocuh.. like:: Rock > Inflames, Sonic Syndicate etc etc. so i press Rocka nd then get up all the diffrent rock groups i got in thier own folder.

If it is possible to have Order in the ipod then please tell me how its done.. im geting inzane on this dam iTunes. Loved when i just could copy music directly to the ipod hdd and make folders in it.. But i guess apple got to complicate things to make more money..
  2. sjmarshy

sjmarshy New Member

There is a 'more' button in your music player. that shows music by genre, composer and also shows compilations. Is that what you want? lol
  3. Criss86

Criss86 New Member

Thats real funny... if i push the "more" button i get around 20 diffrent Genres... I want 4 or 5 so if i want to listen to Rock music i hit the Rock Genre if i want to listen to Trance music i push the Trance genre and the albums of trance is in it...
    I'll make it even easier for you to understand.. Rock, Trance, Pop, RMB (Genres when i click the "more" > Genres") ok? ex. click "Rock" from the "Genre" and then see all the availible groups ex "Acdc, Hinder, Takida etc" and thier themes in that particular folder. So "Genre > Rock > Takida > Takida Mp3's" Thats how it should be.. atm its a mess with rmb and trance music in the same folders as rock music etc.
  4. sjmarshy

sjmarshy New Member

then change the genres of your music in itunes.
    hard to work out I know.
  5. legallyillegal

legallyillegal New Member

tag your music properly.
  6. sjmarshy

sjmarshy New Member

Thank you so much for your edit to clarify your problems, as my advice is clearly misguided.
    /sarcasm
    But like I say, for the most part, I would imagine that you should most definitely make sure your genres are put in correctly, and if that isn't good enough for you, make your own way of doing it because I don't believe theres any other way of doing it other than the way already described.
  7. tian_kr

tian_kr New Member

download fixtunes. let it do its thing.
    when the registration code colummn comes up, just enter some random numbers.