Is it possible to give someone a code that they can enter to get access to a game?

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by bamhm182, Mar 13, 2009.

1. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey, I want to know if it's possible to give someone a code that they can enter to get access to a game?

If not, is it possible to put out a free game that you have to enter a code to get it to work?

I'm wanting to make a game a browser based RPG that I play, and I'm thinking the guy in charge of the site would probably want to have it just included in a donator pack, and I'm trying to figure out a way that I could give access to only the people that paid for it.

Another thought, I could have it so that when the person opens the app for the first time, they have to log in, than it checks if they're on an approved list, and if they are, it lets them use it, and if not, it brings them to a page they can donate through. Is this possible to do? If so, would apple shoot it down because it asks for a login and password? When you submit games, can you give them instructions on how to use it? For example, could I have the guy make an account for the tester at apple that would allow them to test all the features on?