Is it possible to get more apps than the set number of 144?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Sunrisemoon, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Sunrisemoon

Sunrisemoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is it possible for me to bypass the system and get more than 144 apps on my iPod Touch? According to this website, with the 3GS there was a glitch where you could have an unlimited amount of apps:

"2. There is no restriction in the number of apps that you can install but if the number of the apps exceed 11 screens showing 175 apps in total, then the app will be installed without an icon but you can access and use it using the spotlight search. In fact you need to use the spotlight to search the apps that are shown in more than the 5th screen for your own convenience. So, an app sans an icon wouldn’t be much of a problem."

Is that still possible?
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    use categories and put them all in folder. like one for action, puzzles, ect.
  3. Sunrisemoon

Sunrisemoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You sure that works?
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Yea, you can use categories, stacks, or pogoplank. Or you can just use spotlight search like it says in the quote

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    should work.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    quote wasnt there when i first posted
  6. DeadKid

DeadKid New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Maybe five icon dock, fiveIrows and 5 column springboad can give you more app spaces too ?! IDK but might be possible...
  7. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

Or you can just sync more and open them via Spotlight.
  8. christophernuts

christophernuts New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You could do this before on 2.X with quickgold..
  9. foxnolds

foxnolds New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    OK,
    I have an iPhone 3GS with 195 Applications. Until I Jailbroke my iPhone recently I have the least used Application un-checked in iTunes to keep the number below 140 on the iPhone Device itself.
    I never found the Application Organizer in iTunes to be functional, Drag and Drop just doesn't work on my PCs in this iTunes section on 3 of my PCs! I always manually organised my Apps on the device itself with the Wiggle Move mode - first making space by moving one or two icons from the Dock area to some holding screen that had spare space, then using the Dock area to move icons to distant screens rather than trying to PUSH an icon through screens, screen at a time causing all sorts of issuses when a screen I had to pass was already full of icons. This would explode the icons on the screen (so to speak) with an icon disappearing to make room for the invading icon I was passing through with!
    OK, I now use Categories with CategoriesSB performance boost to obtain six MORE screens (via Sub screens to the Springboard interface - still limited to 11 screens). I also use "Orbit" in my Dock to quickly jump to any of my 11 Springboard screens with just two taps, (not up to 10 swipes with occasional misses and unintended launch of apps when I meant to just swipe past that screen...)
    In iTunes 9.0.2 (current release at time of writing this) the Applications Device Tab shows a mess of screens FULL of Applications, with additional greyed out screens numbered 12 to 14 where it overflowed as it cannot represent the Categories Sub Folder contents neatly. ITunes just tries to show all my Applications in the Springboard layout as if I didn't use Categories because that is all it can do. I can still use the Applications list to check, uncheck and delete Apple purchased Applications but Cydia and Rock Applications do not appear in this list (neither do my Backgrounder, SBSettings, 3G Unrestrictor, PkgBackup, Categories nor SBOrganizer).

I hope that answers your query.
  10. DazedUp

DazedUp New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    categories is the easier way to have as much apps as u want and wtf would u ask if that worked? it obviously does its been on ipods since like firmware 2.0 just sayin.....