Is it possible to extract your music like iDump does for ipods?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by skaler, Nov 21, 2008.

1. skaler

skaler New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I just use the iTouch to listen to music. Some of it is from my vinyl records which I converted using AudioLab 2004 and iTunes. That was pretty time consuming, and I hate to think I could lose it. It would be nice to store it all in a folder on my harddrive, and, if anything happens to my iTouch, I could just restore the touch and then import all of the original music into iTunes and resync.
    Is there a program out there like iDump that works on the Touch?
    Thanks,
  2. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    There's quite a few Diskaid and Transcopy are 2 I know right off. There's several more though. Google or seach here. I've seen a topic about this before
  3. skaler

skaler New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Thanks Flipzter. I tried Diskaid, and it copied my music to a folder on my drive. Unfortunately, the songs are placed into 49 different subfolders(F01 through F49) and renamed to unrecognizable names like VULFZ, WHDAG, etc.
    I took a brief look under Google for Transcopy, and it appears to be a shareware with a $29 price.
    You mentioned that this topic was covered before. I'm obviously a newby here. Anyone reading this-could you give me a search word, or perhaps a URL to the topic?
  4. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If you mouse over the files, dont they show the real name? You can either rename them or try another program. Sharepod is a free. Just google it. There's a way to backup your ipod to pc using itunes, but I dont know how honestly.