Is it possible to download maps on my ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by johnbhoyc, Mar 10, 2008.

1. johnbhoyc

johnbhoyc New Member

I would like to download maps from google maps on my ipod for selected areas so I have access to them when I'm not in a wifi area. Is this possible?
  2. rodrigo220

rodrigo220 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    doubt it man.
  3. ToXiC

ToXiC Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Go to your pc , type in www.google.com , type in the adress or route , whatever you are looking for. Then press ''Print Screen/SysRq'' on the top right hand side of your pc. go to Microsoft paint or any other picture editor program and select Ctrl+V , and it sould copy it. Delete all the other stuff around and select only the map. Press Ctrl+C to copy. Then press File-New. Ok then press Ctrl+V then File-Save as. If you have an iPod Picture folder put it in there and synx, if you don't , make a new one and sync again.
  4. ToXiC

ToXiC Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Go to your pc and go to www.google.com , ok . Go to google maps and search the place and have it ready on the pc. Press ''Print Screen/SysRq'' it sould copy the desktop. Ok now go to Microsoft Paint and press Ctrl+V to paste it. Ok,now delete all the other surroundings. Crop out the map only and press ''Ctrl+C'' . Press File-New and press Ctrl+V. Save the image as a png or jpeg in your iPod Picture folder and sync it

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hope This helped , if you need more help PM me k?

EDIT: I checked to see if my post was posted and it was blank so I typed it again :/ Now it pops up on top of this one , sorry .