iOS 4.0 Is it possible to customize a firmware before jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Ariathell, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Ariathell

Ariathell Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    just change a few things about the firmware and restore the device to it and never have to jailbreak to make these changes? The reason I ask is there are a couple things I like that jailbreaking can do. but over all it slows my iphone 3g down way too much to be worth it.
  2. jordor07

jordor07 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    um...........................................

thats the point of doing it...
  3. acfman17

acfman17 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Not possible
  4. iRa1n

iRa1n Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nah I have tried and even if you make no changes, when you turn it back to an Ipsw iTunes doesn't recognize it
  5. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Jailbreaking doesn't slow down your phone. Its what you install after
  6. Ariathell

Ariathell Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I havent installed I thing. I have two appstore apps I uses they work fine before jailbreak and slow after.... I like jailbreaking I do allot of cool stuff with it... I just thought it would be nice to change the firmware without doing it
  7. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    If your on iOS 4 then thats the problem. Not Jailbreaking. Its because you have a older device.
  8. Stemoy

Stemoy Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well, you could run redsn0w and install custom boot/recovery logos and not install cydia, but it would still technically be jailbroken. you wouldn't be able to install more stuff though, so nearly still non jailbroken. But I really don't notice a speed difference, plus the power jailbreak provides makes any lag worth it IMO
  9. procharged

procharged Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I said this in another post and ill say it again here. I've owned every iPhone exept for the 3GS and jailbroke every firmware that came out on those phones. Right now I have an iPhone 4 and 2 iPhone 3g's(my old one and my wifes current). I've tested this numerous times since I had 2 of the same model iPhones at my disposal. Jailbreaking in no way shape or form ever slowed down the jailbroken phone when tested against the non jailbroken phone before I jailbroke one or the other. Now comparing my old 3G that is on 4.0.1 to my wifes 3G that is still on 3.1 is a huge difference. I should just make a video of this to post instead of typing all of this