Is it possible to control your Ipod from your desktop?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by freelancer91, Jan 21, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok I just figured out how to control my desktop from my ipod. I figured it out on a youtube video. What I haven't seen is a way to reverse the process and control an ipod touch from your desktop. Is this possible?
  2. DaveiPhone

DaveiPhone New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes, this is easy using terminal and SSH. To run a program on the ipod:

SSH as root, then type something like: /Applications/Applicationname.app/Applicationname and press return.
    That will run the program Applicationname on your ipod. (Obviously, substitute an actual program name).

Be aware that while you can then use the program, you won't be able to exit normally (like with the Home button), unless the program has an exit button. You'll need to exit the program from Terminal (Control+C, on the Mac).

With the phone, you can even dial, take pictures, or jump to a particular URL in Safari or Map in GoogleMaps this way.

If you have Erica's utilities installed, there are lots of other tricks like making the phone vibrate, playing music, or displaying messages on the screen.
  3. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    will it work on P? I don't have a Mac. ok I could get the program to start but what I was wondering is if it was possible, for example, to play an NES game on your PC through the Touch.
  4. atownxballa

atownxballa New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nope. im possible
  5. DaveiPhone

DaveiPhone New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If your goal is to see your iPod screen on your PC and control it in that way, that is currently not possible, though theoretically it could be done.