is it possible to add ebooks without connecting to comp?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ellabee, Dec 18, 2007.

1. ellabee

ellabee New Member

i was wondering if there was a way to say download an ebook from manybooks or something with a download tool, then using a file manager to move it to the appropriate folder all through the touch, not using ssh or ftp.
  2. Alexpb

Alexpb New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes you can. You can install the file download plugin for safari to download the pdf's to /private/var/root/downloads/
    then install MobileFinder to move the file from that location to the location that your ebook reader/pdf viewer reads the files from
  3. ellabee

ellabee New Member

k i dled the net services app. is that the one? i get an error in safari saying it cannot download the file. is there a step by step for this one? i have searched and fojnd nothing.
  4. drewer

drewer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    are u sure u have the safari plugin installed right?

the netservices app is just a tool that allows u to turn the safari plugin on or off

and also wut format is the file in? is it in a zip?
  5. ellabee

ellabee New Member

was the golden compass zip from the books thread on here. got the green dl button and all,
  6. drewer

drewer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    heres a tut on how to install the safari plugin by jonsingh12
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14965

make sure u have a unzip tool on touch to unzip the ebook

ull also need mobilefinder to move the ebook from var/root/media/downloads (im pretty sure it is) to wherever ur ebook reader reads files from
  7. ellabee

ellabee New Member

ok not to be a b*tch but did you even read my post? you asked in the other thread and I listed everything I have. I said I have mobile finder, the unzip tool, and any of the others mentioned in any other thread regarding this process. my problem is getting the unzip tool to work properly without having to do anything with my actual pc, which if I am not using my pc and cant get the unzip tool to work, that tute is pretty much useless.

so again, can anyone help me out? i would be so grateful. i found where things are downloading to, they are showing up as attachment.php. i tried using the terminal app to unzip them using the string

unzip var/root/bin/attachment.php

and i get a "command unzip not found"

i am clearly doing lots wrong. can someone please help me????
  8. drewer

drewer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    dude im confused, y r u trying to unzip a php file?

-if your downloading things using the safari plugin then their located in var/root/downloads/