is it possible that apple gave up?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by mynameisBEEKMAN, Feb 29, 2008.

1. mynameisBEEKMAN

mynameisBEEKMAN Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i was just thinking, it makes no sense that apple would relese an [PIRACY]e, without squashing out jb, i mean, they've never just released an update, without killing us!
    i honestly think that they just gave up on blocking jb, and are just going to let it be....
  2. Elric

Elric New Member

Are you trying to tell me that I can update my 113 to 114 and it will still be JBed? I doubt it.
  3. Elric

Elric New Member

Or that they should send automatic updates everyday?
  4. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    no the update was just a bug fix. but only Apple knows why they did it.
  5. ipodtouch1234

ipodtouch1234 Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    they won't give up. sony has never given up with the psp hacks, even though the psp slim was hacked before it came out, but w.e. Ziphone is unpatchable I heard. It may need to be tweaked, but unless apple upgrades the bootloader, you cannnot patch it.
  6. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I don't think they ever intentionally tryed to stop jailbreaking. there simply fixing bugs and adding new features. loss of a jailbreak is just coincident. they already said they dont care about 3rd party software. it just so happens your software gets in the way of theres.
  7. nudded

nudded New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i agree with you. in my opinion it is not possible for apple to upgrade the bootloader through itunes. they would have done it if it was possible.

since ziphone uses a hole in the bootloader, it is unpatchable through itunes.
  8. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Well, the ZiPhone method is quite hard to patch, because it exploits the bootloader, whereas previous methods just exploit weaknesses in the specific firmware version; not a lot of people know this, but you can jailbreak 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 using ZiPhone.
  9. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    They aren't so much worried about us hacking our ipods but they are worried about DRM content and protecting it. That's part of the deal when they make deals with companies to distribute songs, movies, etc.
  10. stabbyjoe12

stabbyjoe12 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    umm yeah they squahshing our jailbreak the easy way that makes it legal there aming what we do easy for anyone grnated not free