Is it okay deleting a cydia package through SSH rather than unistalling it via Cydia?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Andy123456789, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Heya,

Basically, simple question,

Instead of uninstalling something through Cydia (which i have downloaded earlier, a theme or whatever) is it okay deleting it through SSH (i find it easier

Please Register or Log in to view images

).

Because when you do it still says it's installed on cydia (even though nothings there), just wondering if this is taking up more space doing it this way and if i should actually uninstall it cydia..

Thanks for your help ^.^
  2. lightningdude

lightningdude New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm sure there's a file in the Cydia directory that tells Cydia what you have installed on your iPod. Since it still asks you to uninstall, I'd just uninstall, rather than delete it through SSH.

I'm not sure if it actually takes more space doing it the SSH way.
  3. TomPom

TomPom New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So you go through the trouble of SSH'ing into your iPod to delete something that will still appear in cydia as installed, rather than tap the screen about 5 times to uninstall it completely? yoo mak no sents 2 tompom
  4. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    you do know that if you delete it through ssh, cydia will readit as deleted right? And you really sounded like a diptard in your post
  5. TomPom

TomPom New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Shut yo' b*tch ass up. How was i meant to know that? Its still easier to delete it via cydia no matter what you say?
  6. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    How? I open ip iphonebrowser, go to library/themes, i find the theme i just download, right click and press delete, done, thats so much easier than waiting a minute for cydia to open, then going to manage packages, find the package and press the delete button, and then you have to wait for it to get done
  7. Lol

Thanks for the help guys, and yeah on cydia it says modify as if the package was still installed but ofc its not actually okay, i was just wondering if its okay doing it like this..

And, i dont SSH to specifically delete packages, cause that would be poinntless. However when editting themes etc. Via SSH its easier if i can delete something straight away there withouy having to go to cydia to uninstall it, so.. Yeah

------------------double post merged------------------
    Edit: agreed to above post^^
  8. Bump,

I never realy got an answer.. if anyone can help =]
  9. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Yes you can delete it and it's gone. Icy works good too.

10. sbdxaric

sbdxaric Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    but be careful
    some packages may install things in more than one directory