iOS 3.1 Is it ok to blackrain jailbreak with a Rogers IPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Baby_Bella, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Baby_Bella

Baby_Bella New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I have a Rogers (Canada) IPhone 3G with 3.0.1 FW right now. I want to jailbreak with Blackrain but I keep reading and hearing things about the illegit sim card and baseband. Can someone please explain to me what this is all about. Do I really need an unlock? Please help
  2. Baby_Bella

Baby_Bella New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Doesn't anyone know this?
  3. Joshsipod1994

Joshsipod1994 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    rogers iphone??????????????? (walks away from computer desk with confusion)
  4. gamepro127

gamepro127 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Canada cell phones

Please Register or Log in to view images

Dont upgrade, just dont. Stay with your 3.0. 3.1 SUCKS HORRIBLY! You'll lose your unlock...BATTERY LIFE SUCKS....

At least its fast as hell on iPod touch 3rd generation

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Baby_Bella

Baby_Bella New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Can I upgrade to 3.1 and jailbrake with redsnow still? Cause right now i'm on FW 3.0.1
    What is so good about the unlock? I don't quite understand?
  6. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Here's some information which might help you, as I'm also in Rogers iPhone 3G crew.

- Did you purchase your phone with a contract? If so, the sim-card and such doesn't apply to you. It only applys to those who use illegal service, and don't pay for their talk, text, internet e.t.c.

- 3.01 and 3.1.1 are bad firmwares, in my opinion. Around 80% of Rogers iPhone's on 3.1.1 had random shut-downs, freezes and such problems; I got this quote from a friend who works at a Rogers call center.

- Jailbreaking voids your warranty, so if anything happens and you go to get it serviced, they'll realize you've jailbroken and they'll ship it back or charge for repairs.

Here's the best idea:
    Google this exact line: iPhone OS 3.1.2 direct download

Download the firmware and save it to a place you know where it's at, then go to iTunes with your iPhone plugged in and click shift+update and find that downloaded firmware, it'll then update you to it; This one isn't buggy really, has decent battery life, doesn't have any lags, freezes or shut-downs, over-all no problems so far. After update, try jailbreaking with BLACKRA1N.

Now,
    If you ever go to send your iPhone into repairs, make sure you still have that firmware and plug in your iPhone, shift+click on restore and find that firmware, it'll basically get rid of all traces of your jailbreak... Putting your warranty back into effect.

Best of luck,
    Brendan
  7. Joshsipod1994

Joshsipod1994 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

amen to that!!!!!!