Is it NOT worth downgrading to 2.1 for a safe jailbreak??

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by nicknowsky, Mar 3, 2009.

1. nicknowsky

nicknowsky New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I just bought a touch 2G 8GB 3 nites ago, and I wanna safely jailbreak it. To me personally the tethered break isnt something I wanna get into rite now, being its my first jailbreak, and I dont wanna be aroung my system just to boot.

But I wanna know form some of you more advance users if its realistic and ok idea to downgrade from 2.2.1 ro say 2.1?? And if so whats the BEST way to jailbreak 2.1?? what to use, I have the firmware already i just want a professional opinion'

thanxxx
  2. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    You have no idea what your doing do you?? The ONLY jailbreak available for the 2g is tethered. And 2.1 will only work on 1g. I suggest you do some homework before you post and look like an idiot.
  3. nicknowsky

nicknowsky New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I did do some homework, not here at ipmart, but I was under the clear impression that 2.2.2 was good jailbreak, but 2.2 was better firmware but a tethered break, there is SO much info for jailbreak of 2G touch, i was over loaded quickly, thats why i asked the ?? I didnt see what i was looking for anywhere else, i was told that this is the BEST forum for touch users and just joinjed this morning, but thanks for clearing it up.

I gotta ask is STILL any part of good idea to downgrade to 2.1.1, is that frimwar/jailbreak a MORE stable method?? or do I just stick with 2.2 and wait for a possible better jailbreak, I am to n00bish to get involved in the 2.2 break, I havent read anything that shows me its a good idea, and that its somewhat easy to do, not saying that any jailbreak doesnt c0ome with some dangers, but maybe that the 2.2 isnt a good place to start

thank you again mike
  4. 560cool

560cool Member

ok, i have got two things to say:
    1) Ignore that nick-i-dont-know-how and continue posting.
    2)MAAAAANN u should clean your desk and read that manual. only tethered is OUT!!