Is it necessary to...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, Dec 26, 2008.

1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Shut off my Ipod touch by holding down the sleep/hold button and sliding to shut it down? Or should i just hit the sleep button? Good and bad about each? Open to opinions.
  2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just hitting the sleep button once, sleeps it, and hitting it after that wakes it. Alternatively you can use the home button to wake it as well.
    But you must hold it, then slide to unlock to turn it off.
  3. Reaper2794

Reaper2794 Banned

The ONLY time you should shut off the Touch is to restart everything and close the apps

For example let's say you want to play Tap Tap Revenge

You are done and you press the home button

That DOESNT close the app. You have to HOLD DOWN the home button until it gets out of the app

If I have a lot of apps open and I wanna make sure the battery doesn't drain, I just shut it off before I sync then I plug it in and the iPod Touch turns on automatically.

In other words, no need to shut it off.

Sleep will save your battery

Please Register or Log in to view images

~ Reaper ~
  4. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks. So what happens when i turn it off fully (hold down sleep and slide it off). I noticed when i keep setting my date and time then set the location it keeps going back to the default one. Would that be why? Is that the equivelant of shutting down a computer and just hitting the sleep button is like sleeping the computer. I don't quite understand both of these functions.