Is it me or do screen protectors scratch too easily?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kyo, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Kyo

Kyo New Member

Good stuff to make you feel relieved and good about the fact that your ipod touch is protected, but the protector itself scratches too easily... in a way, you'll soon be staring at scratches on your 'screen' anyway... beats the purpose a little bit.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. eng

eng New Member

Device:
    iPad
    They definitely do, but at least they give you the option to peel the scratches off, im getting an invisible shield soon, apparently it doesnt scratch at all. (yay)
  3. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah some screen protectors scratch...But like the person said above me...It is better than the screen scratching. I too just received my ShieldZone Invisible Shield screen protector and this thing is virtually scratchless. I've tried keys and even a razer blade...What's interesting though is, the Invisible Shield is made out of some type of rubber material..And when I cut it with the razer blade..I panicked cause I saw a little cut but after rubbing it and 20 seconds later, it disappeared! I don't know how, but oh well...I am not complaining.

4. Nawaaz91

Nawaaz91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    by scree. Protector has scratched like CRAZY. When I took it off once the regular screen was perfect though.. So thats good. I think I should get the one that doesn't scratch at all.
  5. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Yep. Buy the invisibleSHIELD or Best Skins Ever full-body skin. They're made of extremely scratch and puncture resistant material that's typically used on helicopter rotor blades and car bumpers to prevent damage. I have one applied to mine and the thing is tough as nails. You can try to scratch the hell out of it but it won't leave a mark. (Watch some of the demonstrations on the invisibleSHIELD website. It ain't hype; it can actually withstand everything they throw at it and more.) They're much easier to clean, too.

Between the leather case I have and the shield, my Touch is going to remain as pristine as the day I bought it.