Is it just me or...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by alexguy96, Sep 1, 2010.

1. alexguy96

alexguy96 Well-Known Member

Is anyone else pissed about Apple not changing the back? I mean if they're gunna copy all the features of the iPhone 4, why not the gorilla glass? Maybe because of production reasons? I dunno. I like holding my iPod bare and I guess it'll be getting epicly smudged and scratched if I do buy one

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Bootstrap Bill

Bootstrap Bill Banned

I've heard a lot of damage reports with the new glass back. Apple probably decided it wasn't worth the risk.
  3. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    I was hoping for a totally new design also (iphone 4 style or iPad back). But hey! Atleast we got some upgrades
  4. alexguy96

alexguy96 Well-Known Member

Agreed, I also wish they did away with the 8 GB with the same price tag for 16 gigs. Oh well
  5. streethoops2525

streethoops2525 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    or probably since the iPhone is their best selling product, they want to make it stand out compared to the ipod touch, if you havent noticed the iphone and ipod touch have never looked the same
  6. xcdjy

xcdjy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm not pissed as such but so far it's the only thing that I've turned my face up at. So far, I haven't seen an iPt without a scratched back - even when using cases. I was expecting an iPad-esque back but I guess not. Who knows? Maybe the back just so happens to somehow be scratch resistant on this?
    Or maybe they're just delaying it for the next iPt since it can be used as a selling point

7. Jumbo Jet

Jumbo Jet New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    That's exactly what I was hoping for as well. I was expecting to see a different back for sure...preferably the iPad/MacBook Pro aluminum type. The iPhone 4 glass would also have been nice but then it would look too similar to the iPhone - something I'm sure Apple does not want. The stainless steel on my current 2G Touch is such a scratch magnet. Oh well....I'm still not sure if I really want this though

Does anyone know how effective the "InvisibleShield" would be for the Touch?
  8. lhamil64

lhamil64 Active Member

Device:
    HTC One X
    The back probably isn't scratch resistant. Just look at this picture from a Hands On with Engadget:
    http://www.engadget.com/photos/ipod-touch-2010-hands-on/#3320917

Probably barely handled and it already looks a little scratched up. Although you can't really see any scratches in this picture:
    http://www.engadget.com/photos/ipod-touch-2010-hands-on/#3320921
  9. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    honestly, I'm satisfied with the subtle design change they went with. the iPhone 4 or iPad style backing for me wasn't a necessity but would have merely been a cherry on top of the sundae that is the iPod touch 4g
  10. xcdjy

xcdjy Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks for the links!
    Lol someone needs to make a case that doesn't scratch the back haha. But oh well, I've lived with it on my 2G, will live with it on this, too.