Is it just a Gimmick?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by ChrisOmega, Jul 9, 2009.

1. ChrisOmega

ChrisOmega New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I own an iPod touch 2G, and I am here sitting right next to it browsing this forum, but I just wanted to get people's opinions on this. Do You Think The iPod Touch is just a gimmick to get the app store and its value to apple to non-AT&T customers? Or To customers who were not in the market for such an advanced cell-phone such as an iPhone? The iPod touch is after all, an iPhone without the 3G/EDGE/GPS/ and Camera isn't it?
  2. iZ3RO

iZ3RO Member

Device:
    iPad
    and phone, and SMS.
  3. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    It can be used as a phone with Skype or iCall or Fring or another SIP/VOIP service. and AIM can SMS... No MMS though, for free anyway...
  4. msencenb

msencenb New Member

To be honest I think its a good deal for both Apple and the users.

It is a very smart business decision by Apple to allow iPod touch users to access the app store; however at the same time I certainly love the app store in its own right. You can pick up quality games for under 5 bucks. The most expensive games are 10 dollars and you can usually get a great game for a dollar as opposed to the 60 dollars you pay for a console game or a 40 dollar handheld game.

Is it a gimmick? I don't know if I would call it that... just a smart business decision.
  5. GrEg™

GrEg™ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why wouldn't they want iPod Touch users to have access to the AppStore? Apple probably have more downloads on iPod Touch's than iPhones. Am I right?
  6. Alpacaman

Alpacaman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Apple take a 30% cut from things bought on the app store, so they want as many people buying as possible.
  7. Shaded Light

Shaded Light Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i dont think it's just a gimmick, i think it's smart. look at the number of iphones. the appstore would not be nearly as successful as it is. but when yu throw in ipod touches, app store popularity goes way up, and encourages people to buy either an ipod touch or an iphone.